Waste to Energy Using Biomass Briquettes
In 2022, the United States generated approximately 268 million tons of solid waste, while India accounted for around 43 million tonnes. Over half of this waste consists of organic substances, including paper, paperboard, garden waste, and residuals from agricultural and forestry operations.
This organic waste, also referred to as biomass, can be processed into biomass briquettes, which have the potential to rival or complement conventional fuels.
What Is a Biomass Briquette?
Making biomass briquettes is quite a simple process. They’re made by compacting biomass materials such as sawdust, farm waste, and paper at low pressure. This compaction technique helps the biomass to burn for a longer period than it would in its original state. If compressed properly, biomass can achieve burning temperatures and durations comparable to those of wood, pellets, or coal.
Benefits of Biomass Briquettes
Briquettes serve as practical alternatives to black coal and offer several benefits:
- They are more cost-effective than coal.
- Briquettes come from renewable energy sources, unlike coal.
- They are significantly more eco-friendly than coal.
- Briquettes burn without leaving any waste or residue.
- They burn more consistently because they are more combustible than many traditional fuels.
Biomass briquettes are commonly utilized for various heating applications, including generating steam in boilers, providing heat, and in drying processes and gasification plants.
They are an excellent replacement for traditional fuels such as coal, wood, and expensive liquid fuels like furnace oil, diesel, light diesel oil, and kerosene. The adoption of these eco-friendly briquettes as an alternative to non-renewable fuels has yielded encouraging outcomes.
Jay Khodiyar Briquetting Press Machine for Waste to Energy Solution
Jay Khodiyar stands out as a respected briquetting machine manufacturer, exporter, and supplier, offering a unique range of Briquetting Plants and Briquetted White Coal.
These products are carefully created using high-quality raw materials and advanced technology, ensuring they meet international standards.
Briquetting Machine Technical Specifications:
- Finish Good Shape: Cylindrical
- Finish Good Diameter: 90mm
- Briquettes Length: 50 mm – 450 mm
- Raw Material in feed Size: 1mm x 5mm x 12mm
- Bulk weight: 50 – 250 kg/m3
- Raw Material Mositure: 8-12%
- Power Required: 91 HP
- Production Capacity: 900 to 2000 Kg/Hr 10% ± (*The production capacity depends on the density of the raw material.)